Sunday, October 11, 2009

Waffles Recipe


I have never been able to make a decent waffles. My grandmother was an amazing waffle maker, but I just never got the hang of it. Most of the time I go over to the neighbor's and beg Grandma Marge to make them for me when I crave them. But, she bought me my own waffle around a few months back, so I decided ti was time to break it in. I tried quite a few experimental mixtures until I came up with the following recipe. The waffles were wonderful! I am thrilled to be able to make my own delicious waffles without at home, rather than begging the neighbor, lol. My only problem was trying to figure out how long to leave them cooking, but that's just a matter of figuring out how to use the waffle iron. Some were really brown, others perfectly golden, but all were quite tasty and devoured in no time!

What You Need:
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter
1 3/4 cups milk

What You Do:
Sift together all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.

The next step is to separate the eggs. Put the yolks in the bowl with the dry ingredients and the whites in a small bowl.

Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.

Melt butter over low heat, then add to the dry ingredients.

Add milk to dry ingredients and mix well.

Fold in the egg whites to the main mixture.

Bake on a well greased waffle iron.

Serve with butter, syrup, and whatever toppings you desire. Enjoy!

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

so time for us to come over there for waffles?
CG fav is waffle sandwiches....easy smeesy....ham and cheese sandwich cooked in the waffle iron.