Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Favorite Pot Roast Recipe

Since I scored such a great deal on dry onion soup mix today, I decided to share the recipe I use it the most in...pot roast. I originally found similar recipes online, but did a lot of tweaking to combine them into the one my family now calls the best!

What You Need:
3-4 lbs roast - we really like Boston butt pork roast


1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup

1 package dry ranch dressing mix OR 1 package dry onion soup mix

1 12 ounce can of Pepsi

1 large onion, chopped

3 or 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered

What You Do:
Place roast in the bottom of a well oiled crock pot.

Place potatoes and onions on top of roast.

Now pour cream of mushroom soup over veggies & roast.

Sprinkle whole envelope of ranch or onion soup mix on top. Sometimes I use both ranch & onion soup mix for a little something different.

Then pour Pepsi over all of it. Sometimes I use two cans of Pepsi. I like for it to come almost half way up the roast. It makes this have a really tasty gravy. You might want to experiment with the liquid amounts to find what you like best and what is right for your crock pot.

Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, then dig in!

No comments: