Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Recipe - Oh, Yeah!Author: Recipes McGee
This recipe is going to knock your socks off! It's the Olive Garden chicken scampi recipe, and you're going to feel like an absolute culinary superstar when you serve this dish!
The recipe looks pretty lengthy, but it's actually quite simple. Angel hair pasta, chicken, veggies, and sauce. Not too complicated, right?
So let's get to it. Here's your Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Recipe!
Olive Garden Chicken Scampi White Sauce:
(You'll want to make this first, as it will be used as one of your ingredients later.)
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat; melt completely.
- Add 2 tbsp. flour. Cook 2 minutes on medium. Stir constantly.
- Slowly add 3/4 cup 2% or whole milk, stirring constantly, until a "gravy-like" consistency has been achieved.
- Heat until just before boiling, stirring. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh, crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (chablis or riesling are best)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sauce (see recipe above)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pkg. angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 large, boneless & skinless chicken breasts, sliced into desired size tenderloins.
- 1 thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion (more, if desired), thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 10 whole garlic cloves (mmmmmmmm!)
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, water, and chicken stock. Stir until well combined and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add white sauce and stir until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a small sautee pan over low heat.
- When oil is warm, add garlic cloves and cover with lid.
- Braise garlic for 15-18 minutes on low heat. Garlic should turn out soft and golden.
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a large saute pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add chicken tenderloins, turning when 1/4 of the way cooked.
- When chicken is about half-way cooked, add bell peppers and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add angel hair pasta, sauce, and garlic cloves. Saute until sauce is heated through and chicken is completely cooked, about 3 minutes.
About the Author
Recipes McGee has you covered! This recipe is part of my Olive Garden Recipes series. For even more great "copycat" restaurant dishes, go to www.SecretRecipeWorld.com now! You're going to LOVE this!