Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet Surprise Chicken Recipe

I've made this yummy dish as directed below, as well as with boneless, skinless chicken. If going the boneless route, I usually bake at 350 until the chicken tests done. You can also omit the onion soup mix, marinate in the sauce overnight, then grill the chicken for a different but equal yummy taste!

What You Need:
2 to 3lbs. chicken breast

16oz. can jellied cranberry sauce

8oz. bottle creamy French salad dressing

1 envelope onion soup mix

What You Do:
In a shallow, greased baking pan, place chicken skin side up in a single layer.

In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients.

Pour over chicken.

Bake uncovered at 250 for two hours or until chicken reaches "done" temperature on meat thermometer.


4 comments:

Joyuna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyuna said...

Ooh, yum... It reminds me of a Persian (Iranian) dish, believe it or not. It's called khoresht-e fesenjoon, and it's chicken (or lamb) in a pomegranate-based sauce, cooked on a low heat for several hours. Very very tasty, and this sounds tasty also!

Tina said...

I just found this blog last week and I love it... I will be trying a few things out this week. Thx

Judy said...

I am going to try this. I love cranberry anything and so does my daughters. I will make it for them. Sounds wonderful. Have a great Easter.