Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kitchen Tools ~ Knives

Y'all know that I am a very frugal gal. A product has to be pretty special for me to shell out serious money for it. Something I am willing to pay for in order to get great quality is kitchen knives.

In all honesty I only have one knife that I love to use. It is my Wusthof Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku. If I had my way, our kitchen would only be stocked with Wusthof knives. They are a joy to use and make slicing, dicing, and chopping a breeze.

When it comes to knives, you get what you pay for. My advice is to buy the best quality knives your budget will allow. Low quality knives are not easy to work with, dull very quickly, and need to be replaced often. In my opinion, it is worth the investment to get the best knives you can afford. Great knives are invaluable in the kitchen. I really recommend not skimping on this vital piece of kitchen equipment.

What type of knives do you prefer? I'd love to hear your knife suggestions.

No comments: