Thanks to the culinary staff at Wellspring Academies for sharing these yummy, better for you pie recipes. They are a nice alternative to the traditional pies we all eat during the holiday season.
1 30 oz. can of Libby’s Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
½ cup of egg beaters or egg whites
1 cup evaporated skim milk
2 9-inch pie pans
Mix pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk, and egg substitute in large bowl
Pour into pie shells.
Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 2 hours or refrigerate. Serve plain or with fat free Cool Whip (15 calories for 2 tablespoons).
Yield: 12 3.5 oz Servings
.4 Fat grams
3.2 Protein grams
20 Carbohydrate grams
1 large sweet potato
3 cups cubed butternut squash
2/3 cup egg beaters
1/3 cup nonfat vanilla soymilk
1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ cup granulated Splenda
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp butter extract
½ tsp molasses
½ tsp salt
1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Wash and peel the sweet potato and the butternut squash.
3. Dice each into 1/4” cubes, and remove the seeds from the squash.
4. Microwave in a small bowl for 6-10 minutes, then let sit in microwave for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Place squash and sweet potato in a food processor and process until mostly smooth.
6. Add all remaining ingredients except marshmallows and Pam to the food processor and process again until combined.
7. Lightly spray a medium baking dish with Pam.
8. Pour mixture into pan and evenly spread out.
9. Bake for 30-50 minutes, or until very soft.
10. Sprinkle marshmallows on top, then bake 3-5 more minutes, or until marshmallows are beginning to brown.
11. Allow to cool slightly, and then serve!
Yield: 8 servings
Approximate Nutritional Information:
84 calories/0g fat per serving